Call for Papers
We are seeking technical contributions in the form of papers and presentations from the ISP (formerly TSM or ADSM) user community - the system managers and administrators who are arguably the real ISP (TSM) experts - and this is an excellent chance to share your knowledge and wisdom and - hopefully - get new ideas for improvement.
- Experiences / Usage Scenarios
- Changing Perspectives of Backup/Restore to Data Storage Concepts
- Protection of virtualized environments
- Data Protection products for applications (databases, mail, SAP)
- “Dealing with Growth: HSM, Deduplication, ...”
- DR Strategies in a world of limited backup/restore scenarios
- New Tape and Library Technologies
- Data Security - Data shredding / Encryption
- Dealing with the Cloud: CRUD devices and Big Data
- Changing ISP Backup devices: From Tape to Cloud and back again
As in former years the will be three groups of talks:
- "Tech talks" will give a deeper look inside ISP, concepts behind / around backup, new functions in ISP and new hardware and technologies also.
- "User Talks" focus on Experience, User Scenarios and approaches to improve the usage of ISP.
- "Vendor talks" as technical contributions from TSM solution architects and related storage vendors are also sought: this is an opportunity to demonstrate the flexibility and extensibility of ISP.
The conference language will be English. All talks will have to be held in English language.
To simplify submission of papers we have generated an appropriate form as PDF document. Please download the form using the link below, fill in all information you can give at this time and send the .pdf file as an Email-attachment to isp2017 at uni-koeln.de.
The overall layout of the symposium requires the length of your presentation to be about 25 or 40 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q/A and/or discussion that will follow your presentation. Justified exceptions from this schedule are feasible on demand.
We are planning to publish a proceedings volume of all talks given at the symposium. We may take the submission paper, but every speaker may also provide an extended paper.
Please use this PDF-form to submit a paper to ISP2017. You may fill it in during multiple sessions with Acrobat-Reader, as you may store it on your local disk in the meantime before finally submitting it as an Email-Attachment.